DEADLINE FOR THE SUMMER 2018 SESSION IS 11:59 PM EST, APRIL 1, 2018.
- Any creative individuals at any stage of practice or career. Applicants do not have to be visual or performing artists.
- As an alternative artist residency, ALT- is interested in simplifying the typical residency model by solely providing mental components (accessibility, accountability, affirmation, and attention) of a residency program rather than the physical (space & supplies).
- The ALT- Residency is not fixed in space. Artists are allowed the opportunity to customize their residency experience in order to fit the needs of their budget or site-specific practice.
- Residencies are a minimum of one week and maximum of 12 weeks.
- Artists must provide their own lodging and/or studio space, cost of materials, and food. Stipends will be provided if/when they are available.
- Applicants must submit a statement of intent with which they will base their residency experience upon.
- ALT- is a process focused residency that encourages experimentation, research, and discovery. It is not required to finish a project while participating in an ALT- Residency.
- Once a residency period is completed, each resident is required to submit a digital summary of their experience (photo essay, written narrative, video, etc.)
- Artists must submit their application by email with required materials by the listed deadline. Applications submitted prior to deadline will be notified of their receipt and artists will be notified of any missing components. No applications will be accepted or changed after the deadline.
- FALL: September 1 - November 30 | Deadline June 1, 2018 11:59 PM EST
- WINTER: December 1 - February 28/29 | Deadline September 1, 2018 11:59 PM EST
- SPRING: March 1 - May 31 | Deadline December 1, 2018 11:59 PM EST
- SUMMER: June 1 - August 31 | Deadline April 1, 2018 11:59 PM EST
- DEADLINE FOR THE SUMMER 2018 SESSION IS 11:59 PM EST, APRIL 1, 2018.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.